The Familiar Story
You’re in the middle of a busy day when suddenly your period arrives. Now you’re on ‘period duty’, reorganizing plans, your wardrobe and meetings at a moment’s notice because your period demanded it. Tools for dealing with menstruation have progressed over the years with the goal of downsizing the hassle.
Unfortunately, tampons and pads are far from foolproof, often creating as many problems as they do solutions. Something that you have to change six times a day just to stay safe and clean isn’t exactly an ideal solution, is it?
Thankfully, there’s something better – the menstrual cup
What is a Menstrual Cup?
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup that is worn inside the vagina during menstruation to collect menstrual fluid. Menstrual cups are usually made from medical grade silicone, and, unlike tampons and pads, collect menstrual fluid rather than absorbing it. Washable, reusable, and long lasting – they provide numerous advantages for more comfortable period.
Menstruation Made Easy
Would you like to spend an entire day, whether your period is heavy or light, forgetting about it and focusing on the more important stuff? When you adopt the menstrual-cup approach, dealing with your period becomes just another 2-minute part of your morning and evening routine, like washing your face or brushing your teeth.
Six Reasons to Switch to a Menstrual Cup
1. Longer Lasting Coverage: Insert your cup in the morning and leave it in for up to 12 hours—go to work, go running, do yoga, or go to the beach and don’t think about it. Before bed, remove the cup to wash it and then reinsert it for a full night of undisturbed sleep. When is the last time you spent every single night of your period with total peace of mind?
2. Total Security: The major challenge during menstruation is avoiding leaks. The biggest benefit of menstrual cups is that you no longer have to worry about an unexpected emergency during your period. Menstrual cups are tailored to your anatomy and made of ultra-soft materials in order to form a completely secure seal. Wear whatever you want—light colors, tights, your favorite clothing—with the confidence that your nice things will stay nice.
3. The Safer Choice: Menstrual cups are safer than many other menstrual products, such as tampons, which can cause dryness and irritation. Using a menstrual cup made of body-safe silicone allows you to avoid the dryness and allergies sometimes caused by absorbent menstrual products.
4. Saves You Money: Adopting a menstrual cup approach puts an end to the monthly cycle of flushing your money down the drain. When you purchase a menstrual cup, you reduce your period shopping to once a year and save an average 75% of your previous menstrual care spending.
5. All-Day Freshness: Menstrual cups collect rather than absorb menstrual fluid, allowing your intimate area to be fresh and airy all week long. Unlike sanitary pads, which collect menstruation outside of the body, menstrual cups discreetly contain your flow on the inside, eliminating odor and irritation.
6. Earth-Friendly: Did you know that 20 billion menstrual products end up in landfills each year? On average a woman uses 12,000 disposable sanitary products in her lifetime. Using a menstrual cup allows you to make a significant environmental difference by ending your contribution of disposable menstrual products to the earth.
Just like any other menstrual care, learning to use a menstrual cup takes a little time and patience. However, the payoff is big. Once mastered, a menstrual cup allows you to finally enjoy the freedom of an uninterrupted day during your period.
Please note that advice offered by Intimina may not be relevant to your individual case. For specific concerns regarding your health, always consult your physician or other licensed medical practitioners.